Planning to PCS to Europe before school is out?

Node EVA

Planning to PCS to Europe before school is out?

by: Ruth Ploeger, Army Region School Liaison Officer/Transition Support Specialist | .
Family and MWR CYS Services | .
published: March 04, 2017

Some school districts will allow your child to complete additional work prior to departure in order to “close out” the semester with a final grade and full credit. DODEA schools allow this, but you may have to inquire if this is a possibility with other school districts. Even if it isn’t normally done, many schools will work with you, you just need to ask. This is only done when PCSing close to the end of a semester.

If you are making a move during the school year, it is advisable that you inform the school as early as possible in order to explore options that will not negatively impact grades. High school students have specific issues that your guidance counselor can assist with. It’s best to connect your old school with your new location in Europe. Contact your school liaison officer (SLO) for assistance in making this connection!

If you aren’t in the window to close out a semester, it is vital that you get a copy of your child’s withdrawal grades to provide to the new school. Your SLO can assist you with any questions or concerns you have as you prepare to make this move.

PCSing from Europe before school is out? Find out about the DODEA accelerated program

For more to help your student PCS, visit Europe Family and MWR's website for a PCS checklist 

Tags: art, DODEA, euro, Europe, explore, ice, PCS, schools, services, students
Related Content: No related content is available