25 more summer adventures for your European bucket list
Need a boost to get off the sofa and see what Europe has waiting for you? Each month, we're helping you add 25 must-see adventures to your European bucket list.
1. Watch the sun rise above Prague’s Charles Bridge.
2. Share dessert at La Petite Chaise, Paris’ oldest restaurant.
3. Spelunk Bulgaria’s Devil’s Throat or Magura Cave.
4. Be mesmerized in the glow of Malta/Croatia/Isle of Capri’s Blue Grottos.
5. Ride a hot air balloon above Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
6. Visit Bastogne and trace the steps of the Battle of the Bulge
7. Be still inside the Duomo of Florence.
8. Go to a real opera at the Vienna Opera House.
9. Enjoy the view from Kehlsteinhaus, Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest.
10. See Denmark’s Little Mermaid.
11. Join the thousands for Il Palio, Siena’s medieval horse race.
12. Cruise Germany’s Rhine River and taste wines from local vineyards.
13. Speed along Germany’s autobahns at 100+ mph.
14. Boat, float or fly over the beautiful Lake Constance.
15. Summit the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc peaks.
16. Hike the falls of Croatia’s Plitvice Lakes National Park.
17. Take a hike to Meteora’s monasteries in Greece.
18. Trek through Poland’s Bialowieza Forest, an 8,000-year-old wonderland.
19. See Aletsch, the largest glacier in Eurasia on the Swiss Alps’ Jungfrau trail.
20. Scale the Rock of Gibraltar and see Europe’s only wild primate.
21. Chill out in Austria’s Eisriesenwelt, the world’s largest ice cave.
22. Admire the swans in the canals of Amsterdam’s red light district.
23. Race a Porsche around Germany’s Hockenheimring.
24. Sink your teeth into some pizza margherita from Naples.
25. Send a postcard to your friends from every place you visit.