11 market photo ops
11 market photo ops
One of the most exciting parts about the weather turning cold in Germany is the growing anticipation for the Christmas markets (Christkindlmarkt). Finding unique gifts or the most ostentatiously decorated Christmas tree is part of the fun of the hunt. Social media is also very important to market-goers and getting the perfect picture is just as crucial as drinking Glühwein at every opportunity. Here’s are 11 quirky Christmas market photo-ops to take your Instagram feed to the next level.
1) Photo with the seasonal Glühwein or holiday mug. This should be simple, as Glühwein is served at every single market
2) Snap a pic with a camel or other live manger animal that is making a guest appearance
3) Smile big next to the most massive Christmas tree you can find covered in lights, tinsel, and ornaments
4) Point to the entrance sign or arch to the market. It’s also essential so that you can document which market you are attending
5) Take a selfie with a Christmas pyramid/candle carousel. Who can find the biggest one?
6) Fill your camera roll with some sort of wurst sandwich. It’s almost impossible to leave a market without eating one
7) Photo with favorite/most unique handmade ornament
8) Say cheese with the manger scene
9) Taking a bite out of Lebkuchen (gingerbread cookies)
10) Photo with your crew; because who goes to the market alone?
11) Take a picture of chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Bonus points for a video channeling your inner Nat King Cole
Can you get all 11 photos taken at one market? Find your favorite location and be on the lookout for these fantastic opportunities to inspire others to visit these winter wonderlands. You’ll end up capturing memories that will last a lifetime, and hopefully some seriously outstanding selfies. Happy Holidays!
Subscribe to our Stripes Europe newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, helpful PCS tips, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!