Programs that hire veterans
Programs that hire veterans
Many organizations in the civilian world value your experience, skills, work ethic and training as a servicemember. You'll find that a number of military-friendly employers are committed to hiring veterans.
Explore several online programs to help connect you with employers who are looking to hire veterans. Here are some top sites:
This site offers resources from the U.S. Department of Labor for jobseekers and employers who want to hire vets. You'll find:
- Job opportunities by category: agriculture, energy, transportation, homeland security, federal government hiring, and more
- A tool for finding jobs by location
- Your nearest American Job Center
- Help from the Small Business Administration for starting your own business
- Plus one-on-one assistance, career exploration, finding training, skills translator, veteran employment center, resume builder, interest profiler, transition resources and more
CareerOneStop Veteran and Military Transition Center
The Veteran and Military Transition Center website is a one-stop online shop for employment, training and financial help after military service. If you're transitioning out, it offers some serious tools:
- Military-to-Civilian Job Search by military job title and/or location
- How to request important papers that you need
- Matching your skills to civilian careers
- Information about going back to school or getting training
- Financial and unemployment assistance
The U.S. Department of Labor sponsors CareerOneStop. While the website is designed for the general public, there are plenty of tools and resources that can be useful for veterans. It partners with the American Job Center network. American Job Centers have a mandate to connect veterans to job openings.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring our Heroes
Hiring Our Heroes is a program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. It's a nationwide initiative to help transitioning servicemembers, veterans, and military spouses find meaningful employment opportunities.
The program networks with businesses through the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and it partners with public, private and nonprofit organizations across the country.
- Check out the Hiring Our Heroes calendar. You'll find upcoming hiring events, job fairs, expos, transition summits and more near you.
- Hiring Our Heroes also has a number of digital resources:
- VirtualJobScout connects you with recruiters and attend virtual job fairs.
- Hiring Our Heroes dashboard allows you to access, customize and manage all your Hiring Our Hero resources.
- Resume Engine helps you build and post your resume for thousands of employers.
- Fast Track lists jobs by industry, with a map of locations and positions by date.
You've got skills, training and discipline. Employers are looking for you.
Subscribe to our Stripes Europe newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, helpful PCS tips, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!
Facebook: Stars and Stripes Europe
Pinterest: Stars and Stripes Europe