Childcare for PCSing parents

Childcare for PCSing parents

by Ruth Ploeger, Army Region School Liaison Officer/Transition Support Specialist
Family and MWR CYS Services

Reliable childcare can be a gift when moving into new quarters. But how do you manage it when you know practically no one at your new post?

Families can pre-register for Child Youth & School Services prior to arriving at the new post. Simply go to MWR Online services.

Also, if you are currently enrolled in CYS Services programs, you can request of your current parent central office to forward your information and registration to your new post CYS Services office. For another option that provides baby sitters, pet sitters, nannies, last minute care and general PCS help, go to Sitter City. They offer a discount membership to military families. You can contact your school liaison officer for more assistance. 

For more to help your student PCS, visit Europe Family and MWR's website for an Outbound Student Handbook and Inbound Student Handbook.  

Subscribe to our Stripes Europe newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, helpful PCS tips, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!

Follow us on social media!

Facebook: Stars and Stripes Europe
Pinterest: Stars and Stripes Europe
Instagram: @StarsandStripeseurope

Recommended Content

Around the Web