The color run is coming to Ramstein
On Saturday, August 12, get out for a day filled with exercise, fun and lots of color! The AF IMSC, Det 4 and AFSA Chapter 1674 are pleased to announce the Ramstein Color Run. Color runs are known for wacky, fun and exciting atmospheres. Don’t feel obligated to run the entire time. This 5k is all about having a good time! All are welcome to participate in this awesome event! Oh and the best part is that every finisher gets a prize!
- Wear white clothing so when you cross the finish line you can see how much color you were showered with during the run.
- Dress crazy! Bring out the knee high socks with a ridiculous pattern, tutus, wigs, fairy wings, funky headbands and whatever else your heart desires!
- If you don’t want something to be plastered with color then leave it at home, in your car or use a plastic sandwich bag to cover it. A plastic bag will be provided inside your runner’s kit!
- Don’t take this too seriously. If you’re running to race then this run may not be for you. This 5k is meant for having fun and nothing else. So leave your iPod, fitness tracker or any other device at home. Plus you don’t want to risk water damage on these items when you try to wash out the colored powder.
- Scarves, bandanas and sunglasses are a good idea to protect your eyes from the color just in case.
- Bring a towel to sit on when you drive home unless you were wanting multi-colored interior.
- Register online by July 30 for $35
- Register the day of the event for $45
- Children 12 and under are free to participate
- Check in will be near the tennis courts behind the Southsidde Fitness center at 8:00 a.m.
- The Color Run begins at 9:00 a.m.
A portion of the funds raised will be donated to the local Operation Warmheart. Operation Warmheart is a non-profit organization that gives charitable donations to service members and their families.Get your family and friends out of their comfort zone and participate in the Ramstein Color Run! It’s a 5k everyone will love! For more information check out the event page online.