Bucket list worthy experiences on a budget in Europe
You’ve landed on European soil, suitcase in one hand, a wallet in the other, with a world of endless possibilities in front of you. The extravagant adventures that you’ve dreamed about turned out to not be the friendliest experience for the wallet. Even if you can’t take the money out for wild escapades, the simple ability to travel to stand-out landmarks in Europe has its own beauty. Take advantage of the small opportunities, snap the pictures, eat the food. Seemingly insignificant moments can create lasting memories. Cross off these 20 easy opportunities in Europe on this inexpensive bucket list.
1. Throw a penny into Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy
2. Bathe in the thermal pools of Budapest, Hungary
3. Eat Belgian chocolate in Brussels, Belgium
4. Drink mulled wine at Christmas markets in Germany
5. Watch the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace in London, England
6. Eat a croissant under the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
7. Lay out on the beaches of the South of France
9. Witness the Running of the Bulls in Spain
10. Have a pint of Guinness in Dublin, Ireland
11. Walk over the Stari Most in Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovnia
12. See the northern lights in Reykjavik, Iceland
13. Take a tour of the glaciers and fjords in Norway
14. Take a photo crossing Abbey Road in London, England
17. Take a photo holding up the leaning tower of Pisa in Pisa, Italy
18. Take a gondola ride in Venice, Italy
19. Have a fika in Stockholm, Sweden
20. Walk the black sand beaches of Santorini, Greece
Create priceless memories in these landmarks that make Europe so special. The expensive dinner might not stay with you as long as a picnic in the park might. Cross these experiences off your bucket list with just a toss of a penny.
Subscribe to our Stripes Europe newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, helpful PCS tips, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!