The bucket list, part 8
Europe – an ancient continent marked by natural wonders and survived by strong people whose cultures are built to last. Need a boost to get off the sofa and see what is waiting for you? Here is your incomplete, starter bucket list to inspire you to make your own. Or, use ours and do them all, one number at a time.
1. Pick your flavors of colorful macarons at Ladurée in Paris.
2. Marvel at the whimsical landscape of the Fairy Glen on the Isle of Skye.
3. See the stave churches of Scandinavia.
4. Make noise for the underdog at a European football game.
5. Catch a show in London’s theater district.
6. Spend away at Paris’ Galeries Lafayette.
7. Peer at Budapest from the verandas of Fisherman’s Bastion.
8. Close your eyes while riding Shambhala, Europe’s tallest roller coaster.
9. Go all in at the Casino de Monte-Carlo.
10. Snack on fish and chips on the English coast.
11. Sunbathe on the 2,000-foot-tall Pulpit Rock in Norway.
12. Engorge on white asparagus during Germany’s Spargelzeit.
13. Ponder the giant statues of Turkey’s Mount Nemrut.
14. Peruse the shelves of Livraria Lello & Irmão, Porto’s fanciful, historic bookstore.
15. Have raclette and fondue in Switzerland.
16. Sip bubbly and devour French cuisine in the Champagne region.
17. Check out Frenchman Ferdinand Cheval’s Ideal Palace.
18. Praise a Bolshoi Ballet performance in Moscow.
19. Kayak the sapphire waters of the Verdon Gorge.
20. Look at Asia from Istanbul’s Bosphorus Strait.
21. Find Ludwig II’s Venus Grotto at Linderhof Palace.
22. Spot a rainbow over Krimml Waterfalls, the tallest in Europe.
23. Watch craftsmen carve cuckoo clocks in the Black Forest.
24. Be awestruck by the Midnight Sun at Norway’s North Cape.
25. Search for the Manneken Pis in Brussels.
26. Compete against your friends to visit the most countries.
Check out our other bucket lists!