The bucket list, part 7
Europe – an ancient continent marked by natural wonders and survived by strong people whose cultures are built to last. Need a boost to get off the sofa and see what is waiting for you? Here is your incomplete, starter bucket list to inspire you to make your own. Or, use ours and do them all, one number at a time.
1. Take it easy on a pub crawl in Dublin.
2. Purchase Baltic amber in Lithuania.
3. Ride a camel across the sand dunes of Gran Canaria.
4. Enjoy the view from Agios Ioannis sto Kastri, the Greek church filmed in “Mamma Mia!”
5. Discover Paleolithic paintings inside the Chauvet-Pont-d’Arc cave of southern France.
6. Sample potato tortillas and churros at breakfast in Madrid.
7. Hike to Slovenia’s cliffside Predjama Castle.
8. Appreciate the façade of the Saint Panteleimon monastery in Ohrid, Macedonia.
9. Shop for Prada at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Milan.
10. Have dinner inside the giant wine barrel in Bad Dürkheim, Germany.
11. Notice Prague’s love of art nouveau.
12. Behold the grandeur of the illuminated Segovia Cathedral at night.
13. Sink your spoon into Salzburg’s signature Nockerl soufflé.
14. Watch the amateur New Year’s Eve fireworks from the ramparts of a German castle ruin.
15. Scuba dive Neptune’s Grotto in Sardinia.
16. Trek to the city ruins of Troy.
17. Ascend the frozen waterfalls of Rjukan, Norway.
18. Admire the Moorish ornamentation of the Royal Alcázar in Seville.
19. Voyage across the frigid Baltic Sea in an ice-breaking ship.
20. Soak in the naturally formed, steaming pools of Tuscany’s Saturnia Hot Springs.
21. See 9th century vessels at the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo.
22. Follow in Napoleon’s footsteps and don’t get lost in the hedge maze of Villa Pisani.
23. Grab friends to pedal a beer bike in Amsterdam.
24. Indulge with a luxurious escape at The Witchery hotel near Edinburgh Castle.
25. Welcome the year’s longest days at the Midsummer Festival in Stockholm.
Visit our other bucket lists: