The bucket list, part 5
Europe – an ancient continent marked by natural wonders and survived by strong people whose cultures are built to last. Need a boost to get off the sofa and see what is waiting for you? Here is your incomplete, starter bucket list to inspire you to make your own. Or, use ours and do them all, one number at a time.
1. Skydive from 15,000 in Seville, Spain.
2. Stop by Berlin’s Checkpoint Charlie.
3. Leave behind the chaos of modern Athens in the old quarter of Pláka.
4. See the brightly colored fishing boats in the Maltese village of Marsaxlokk.
5. Gaze at the famous Hallgrímskirkja Church in Reykjavík, Iceland.
6. Tour Highclere Castle, the primary set for “Downton Abbey.”
7. Wander around the old city of Rhodes.
8. Binge at the EuroChocolate festival in Perugia, Italy.
9. Get the scoop at the Beatles Story museum in Liverpool.
10. Swim laps in an infinity pool overlooking the cliffs of Santorini.
11. Run the Gourmet Half Marathon in Saarbrücken, Germany.
12. Explore the structures built into boulders in Monsanto, Portugal.
13. Recreate the 007 stunt in “Golden Eye” with a bungee jump from Switerland’s Verzasca Dam.
14. Applaud tennis pros at Wimbledon.
15. Sample vodka with the locals in Warsaw.
16. Buy paprika at Budapest’s Great Market Hall.
17. Venture on the road less traveled to the vibrantly painted town of Zalipie, Poland.
18. Rest in the super-sized nest at Sweden’s Treehotel.
19. Giggle at the humorous details of Hamburg’s Miniatur Wunderland.
20. Feel your skin prickle at the Capuchin Catacombs of Palermo, Sicily.
21. Savor salmon sashimi on the coast of Norway.
22. Ski or snowboard and experience après-ski in the Swiss Alps.
23. Witness the sunset from a villa on Montenegro’s Sveti Stefan islet.
24. Wear your finest and look out for Britain’s VIPs at the Royal Ascot horse race.
25. Beware at the Berlin Story Bunker, a WWII shelter transformed into a haunted house and museum.
Visit our other bucket lists: