The bucket list, part 4
Europe – an ancient continent marked by natural wonders and survived by strong people whose cultures are built to last. Need a boost to get off the sofa and see what is waiting for you? Here is your incomplete, starter bucket list to inspire you to make your own. Or, use ours and do them all, one number at a time.
1. Watch the sun rise above Prague’s Charles Bridge.
2. Dazzle her with diamonds from Antwerp.
3. Share dessert at La Petite Chaise, Paris’ oldest restaurant.
4. Spelunk Bulgaria’s Devil’s Throat or Magura Cave.
5. Be mesmerized in the glow of Malta/Croatia/Isle of Capri’s Blue Grottos.
6. Ride a hot air balloon above Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
7. Visit Bastogne and trace the Battle of the Bulge
8. Be still inside the Duomo of Florence.
9. Go to a real opera at the Vienna Opera House.
10. Enjoy the view from Kehlsteinhaus, Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest.
11. See Denmark’s Little Mermaid in its 100th year.
12. Join the thousands for Il Palio, Siena’s medieval horse race.
13. Cruise Germany’s Rhine River and taste wines from local vineyards.
14. Speed along Germany’s autobahns at 100+ mph.
15. Boat, float or fly over the beautiful Lake Constance.
16. Summit the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc peaks.
17. Hike the falls of Croatia’s Plitvice Lakes National Park.
18. Take a hike to Meteora’s monasteries in Greece.
19. Trek through Poland’s Bialowieza Forest, an 8,000-year-old wonderland.
20. See Aletsch, the largest glacier in Eurasia on the Swiss Alps’ Jungfrau trail.
21. Scale the Rock of Gibraltar and see Europe’s only wild primate.
22. Chill out in Austria’s Eisriesenwelt, the world’s largest ice cave.
23. Admire the swans in the canals of Amsterdam’s red light district.
24. Race a Porsche around Germany’s Hockenheimring.
25. Sink your teeth into some pizza margherita from Naples.
26. Send a postcard to your friends from every place you visit.
Check out our other bucket lists!