The bucket list, part 3
Europe – an ancient continent marked by natural wonders and survived by strong people whose cultures are built to last. Need a boost to get off the sofa and see what is waiting for you? Here is your incomplete, starter bucket list to inspire you to make your own. Or, use ours and do them all, one number at a time.
1. Eat souvlaki and spanakopita in Athens.
2. Walk the ancient streets of Pompeii.
3. Marvel at the Cliffs of Moher.
4. Snap photos of taffy-hued houses along Cinque Terre.
5. Tour a Trappist monastery and sample the Belgian beer.
6. Dip your toes in waterfall-fed springs in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland.
7. Witness the breathtaking view from Santorini’s blue-domed churches.
8. Tour the world’s oldest salt mine in picturesque Hallstatt, Austria.
9. Kayak the natural arches and sea caves of Milos, Greek Islands.
10. Sit up top in one of London’s red double-decker buses.
11. Have breakfast at Einstein Kaffee in Berlin.
12. Visit King Arthur’s house in Cornwall, where history meets legend.
13. Shop for jewelry along Florence’s Ponte Vecchio.
14. Trace the labyrinth along the floor of France’s Chartres Cathedral.
15. Talk strategy in the Churchill War Rooms at London’s Imperial War Museum.
16. Sip Chianti under the Tuscan sun of villa Cortona.
17. Dance till dawn in Ibiza’s infamous nightclubs.
18. Stare in awe at Gaudí’s unfinished Sagrada Família.
19. Take in the detail of Granada’s Alhambra Palace.
20. Raft or kayak through France’s Gorge du Verdon.
21. Boat the moat of Château de Chambord in France.
22. Peer through Versailles’ Hall of Mirrors.
23. Soak up sun on Bulgaria’s northern coast along the Black Sea.
24. Mountain bike the French Alps’ Chamonix.
25. Sink your toes in Europe’s tallest and largest dune, Pilat.
Check out our other bucket lists!