Another 25 adventures for your European bucket list
Need a boost to get off the sofa and see what Europe has waiting for you? Each month, we're helping you add 25 must-see adventures to your European bucket list. Here's a list to add to your must-do travels, or inspire you to make your own.
1. Carry a torch at Europe’s largest fire festival, Up Helly Aa.
2. Taste the grape in Florence’s Piazza di Santo Spirito.
3. Walk the beaches of Normandy’s D-Day invasion.
4. Take a biking tour through Provence during lavender season.
5. Take a polar bear plunge then warm up in Sweden’s outdoor saunas.
6. Snowshoe through Germany’s Black Forest.
7. Cross-country ski along Austria’s Zell am See.
8. Learn to snowboard in France’s Amnéville Snowhall.
9. Watch futball at Madrid’s Bernabéu Stadium.
10. Tour Croatia’s Adriatic coastline by motorbike.
11. Sleep in a glass igloo and admire the Northern Lights in Finland.
12. See the remaining length of the Berlin Wall.
13. Watch Flamenco dancing in Seville.
14. Explore the tulips in bloom at Keukenhof Garden.
15. Enjoy café au lait at a Paris sidewalk café.
16. Celebrate New Year’s Eve beneath Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate.
17. Paraglide over Interlaken, Switzerland.
18. Savor pommes frites and a Liège waffle in Brussels.
19. Take a Jack the Ripper Tour in London with expert Donald Rumbelow.
20. Spook yourself by spending Halloween in Transylvania, Romania.
21. Count down to the New Year at Edinburgh’s Hogmanay.
22. Dine at one of Gordon Ramsay’s London restaurants.
23. See (from a safe distance) Pamplona’s Running of the Bulls.
24. Witness (if you dare) a Spanish bullfight.
25. Stay a week at the Ashford Castle in Ireland.
Check out another bucket list next month!