Saved by the slow cooker
Skip the extra step of having to slave over the stove and save yourself some time with three easy slow cooker recipes. The kids will love these meals. They might even love you more if you took them to the pool with all the time you’re going to save.
- 2 lbs. beef chuck roast, sliced into strips
- 1-2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 20 oz. salsa
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
Put salsa in bottom of slow cooker. Add beef, bell peppers, onions and fajita seasoning. Stir well. Cook for 6-8 hours on “low” or 3-4 hours on “high.”Add the desired amount of cooked fajita meat mixture to tortillas. Enjoy!
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 cup long grain brown rice (not instant), rinsed and drained
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 14.5 oz. can low sodium chicken broth (1 ¾ cups)
- 1 cup water (or omit the water and use a total of 2 ¾ cups chicken broth)
- 4-5 cups of broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Combine onion and rice in the slow cooker, create even layer. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle with garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Add chicken broth and water (cover all rice). Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or on high for 3 ½ hours (until rice is tender and almost all liquid is absorbed). Remove chicken and either dice or shred and return into the slow cooker with rice. Steam broccoli in a microwave by placing it in microwave safe bowl. Add enough water to fill the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 3 to 6 minutes until crisp/tender. Drain. While broccoli is cooking, add Greek yogurt, parmesan and cheddar cheese into the slow cooker. When broccoli is done, add to slow cooker. Stir and serve.
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup gruyere cheese
Boil macaroni noodles until al dente (1 minute less than directions on box). Drain and rinse under cold water. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3 hours, stirring once or twice. Serve hot.