The power of the smoothie bowl
As you scroll down your favorite food blogger’s Instagram site, you may have seen colorful pictures of a bowl filled with delicious and nutritious fruit topped with chia seeds, drizzled with peanut butter. What’s under all those toppings you may ask? Well, it’s smoothies! Smoothie bowls are a popular breakfast trend, and it’s easy to see why. These bowls are not only pretty to look at, but they give you a boost of energy and are simple to make. Put down your sugary cereal bowl and check out these refreshing smoothie bowls instead!
Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
• 1/2 of a banana (more for topping)
• 3/4 cup fresh blueberries (more for topping)
• 1/2 fresh blackberries (more for topping)
• 3/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
• 1/4 cup plain yogurt (can use Greek yogurt too)
• Chia seeds (optional)
Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the smoothie into a bowl and add the sliced bananas, blackberries, blueberries and chia seeds (optional).
Recipe modified and adapted from asweetpeachef.com
Green Smoothie Bowl
• 1 and a half banana, sliced (frozen works best)
• 1/2 of an avocado
• 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
• 1/3 cup almond milk
• A handful of spinach
• Almond butter (for drizzle)
• Dried cranberries
• Chia seeds
• Pumpkin seeds
Blend the first five ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and top with the granola, cranberries, chia and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle the almond butter on top and enjoy!
Recipe modified and adapted from naturallysassy.co.uk
Mango Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
• 1/2 cup almond milk
• 1 cup frozen mango chunks
• 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
• 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
• 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or ¼ avocado (for thickness)
• Chia seeds (for topping)
• Granola (for topping)
Blend the ingredients together until smooth. Top with chia seeds, granola and fresh strawberries, if you have.
Recipe modified and adapted by coveteur.com
Dark Chocolate, Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 tbsp peanut butter
• 1 ripe frozen banana (plus a little extra fresh banana for topping)
• 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips (plus a little extra for topping)
• 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder
Combine the first 5 ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Put into a bowl and add the toppings, the granola and drizzle with peanut butter.
Recipe modified and adapted by ilovevegan.com
• Invest in a good blender. Although a bit pricey, the Ninja is one of the best.
• You can always use frozen berries if the fresh ones aren’t in season. The good thing about these bowls is that they are flexible, and you can use whatever you have on hand.
Smoothie bowls are a healthy and fun way to spice up your breakfast. They are especially great for those hot, summer days when you want to eat something refreshing. Start your day off the right way and get blending!
Subscribe to our Stripes Europe newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, helpful PCS tips, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!