Health and wellness coaching
Yay, you! You have a goal! Not only that, but you know how to reach it!
Of course, knowing isn’t the same as doing. That’s where a Military OneSource health and wellness coach comes in.
Health and wellness coaching is a free resource available to eligible service members and family members who wish to improve their health and overall well-being. It is available to active-duty, National Guard and reserve service members (regardless of activation status) and families located in the United States and abroad.
What a health and wellness coach can do for you
A Military OneSource health and wellness coach can help you with issues ranging from learning healthy living habits to starting a family in the military. The services a coach can offer include:
- Helping you identify your beliefs, values and vision, creating an action plan to achieve your goals, eliminating roadblocks or barriers that stand in the way and celebrating your success.
- Partnering with you to establish a vision, clear goals and action steps.
- Focusing on the areas of weight management, fitness and nutrition, health condition management, stress management and life transitions such as deployment, moving, becoming a new parent and retiring.
- Meeting with you for up to one year per health and wellness issue. There is no limit on the number of sessions, but your coach may recommend a timeline that best matches your goals.
Getting started with a health and wellness coach
You want to change your life for the better. There's no time like the present to get started.
- Call 800-342-9647 and a Military OneSource consultant will register you and schedule your first session right away.
- Choose to meet with your coach by telephone, online chat or video chat.
- Schedule a session between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. EST, Monday through Thursday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST on Friday, or 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST on Saturday. Each session is 45-50 minutes.