Stripes Europe | .
published: November 16, 2016
I searched high and low for the Hitscherhof pumpkin soup and I'm pretty sure I nailed it! Everyone who's had it thinks so as well. So now it's my favorite November recipe!
3 1⁄2 cpumpkin (I used the small, dark orange pumpkins)
1 3⁄4 cwhite onion (diced)
4 cchicken broth
1⁄2 cwhite cooking wine (trocken)
1 Tlemon juice
Cook time: 80 Prep time: 30 Yield: 6 Servings
- Cut pumpkins in half and remove all seeds and strings.
- Place cut side up on baking sheet and roast at 400°F for about an hour or until meat is soft. Scoop meat out.
- In a large pan, sauté onions and butter until brown.
- Add pumpkin, broth and wine. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool stew and purée in blender until you get the desired creaminess.
- Transfer puréed stew to a pot and add lemon juice, salt, pepper and Tabasco.
- Garnish with seeds, pumpkin seed oil and yogurt, if desired.