Stripes Europe | .
published: January 12, 2017
These delicious dumplings are a little time-consuming to put together, but they are worth the effort.
8 ozChinese cabbage
3 tsalt (divided)
1 lblean ground pork
1 cgreen onion or scallions (finely chopped)
1 Twhite wine or sherry
1 tsesame oil
1 dswhite pepper
1 pkwonton wrappers
2 TPeanut or vegetable oil (for frying)
Cook time: 10 Prep time: 30 Yield: 10 people
- Slice cabbage into thin strips. In a large bowl, mix cabbage with 2 teaspoons of salt and set aside for 5 minutes. Squeeze out moisture.
- Mix together the cabbage, pork, green onions, white wine, cornstarch, sesame oil and remaining salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Place 1 teaspoon of mixture into the center of wonton wrapper. Pinch 5 pleats up, then pinch the top together to close. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.
- Heat wok or large skillet until very hot. Place 12 dumplings in the skillet at a time.
- Fry 2 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cover and cook for 6-7 minutes until water is absorbed. Serve immediately.