Pasta with White Asparagus and Ham
Stripes Europe | .
published: March 08, 2017
A savory pasta dish with asparagus and ham with a creamy gouda sauce.
8 ozpasta (linguine or fetticine)
8 ozham (cooked)
3 Toil (vegetable)
1 lbwhite asparagus
2 ozgouda (grated)
Yield: 4 Servings
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions and drain.
- Wash, peel and chop off the woody end of the asparagus. Cut the stems into 1 inch pieces and cook in boiling water for 6-8 minutes.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Chop the ham.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream, egg yolk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Sauté the ham and onion in vegetable oil until the onions are soft.
- Add the asparagus and cream mixture to the same pan. Allow to heat without boiling.
- Carefully fold the pasta into the mixture and allow to stand for five minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.