Stripes Europe | .
published: January 17, 2017
With the cold and icy days of winter upon us, warm up with this delicious and hearty soup.
2 cnfire-roasted diced tomatoes
6 clow-sodium chicken broth
1 lbItalian sausage
1yellow onion (chopped)
1 clvgarlic (pressed or minced)
1 tItalian seasoning
4 oztomato paste
8 ozfarfalle pasta (cooked - can use any kind of noodle)
1⁄2 cricotta cheese
1⁄3 cnParmesan cheese (grated)
1⁄2 tgarlic salt
1 cmozzerella cheese
1⁄8 tcrushed red pepper flakes
Cook time: 35 Prep time: 15 Yield: 8 Servings
- In a large stockpot, combine tomatoes and chicken broth.
- In a large skillet, brown Italian sausage until no longer pink. Add onions and garlic and sauté until softened. Add tomato paste, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add meat mixture to the stockpot and stir well. Cook on low for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Divide cheese mixture and cooked pasta into individual serving bowls. Ladle soup on top of cheese and pasta. Garnish soup with mozzarella cheese.