Crusted Honey Cinnamon Pears
Stripes Europe | .
published: January 30, 2017
Warm pears wrapped in puffed pastry and drizzled with cinnamon and honey are a special treat on a cold winter's day.
2 cwhite granulated sugar
1small lemon (halved)
1 1⁄2 tvanilla extract
1sheet puff pastry (frozen)
Cook time: 60 Prep time: 15 Yield: 4 Servings
- Preheat oven to 400˚ Fahrenheit (200˚ Celsius).
- Core pears from bottom to keep stems intact. Peel and cut off bottoms to make level.
- Mix water, sugar, honey, lemon halves, vanilla extract, cinnamon and cloves in pot and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and lay pears in pot. Cook uncovered 18 to 22 minutes or until pears are tender, pouring juice over during the process.
- Remove pears and allow to cool. Filter poaching liquid with sieve and set aside.
- Place thawed puff pastry on lightly floured surface and cut into ½-inch strips.
- Wrap strips around pears, starting at bottom. Cover pears completely with strips.
- Place pears on baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While pears bake, bring poaching liquid to boil. Heat 10 to 15 minutes or until thick.
- Place warm pears on plates and pour syrup on top.
Source: Adapted from Honeyed Pears in Puff Pastry by www.inspiredreamer.com