Crab Rangoons with Sweet and Sour Sauce
Stripes Europe | .
published: January 12, 2017
Try your hand at making these cheesy bites of crab goodness. The sweet and sour sauce is a recipe that has been handed down in my family for three generations.
1⁄2 lbcooked crab meat (or imitation crab) (lightly flaked)
1 tgreen onion or scallions (finely chopped)
1⁄4 lbcream cheese (room temperature)
1⁄2 tWorcestershire sauce
1⁄2 tgarlic powder
1 pkwonton wrappers
3 cvegetable or peanut oil
1⁄2 cbrown sugar
1⁄2 cwhite vinegar
1 1⁄2 Tcornstarch
3⁄4 cpineapple juice
1 ccrushed pineapple
Cook time: 15 Prep time: 30 Yield: 8 PeopleCrab Rangoons:
- Combine crab meat, green onion, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of mixture in center of wonton wrapper. Fold to ensure that filling is secure.
- Place oil in wok or large skillet and heat to 375°F. Fry 1 rangoon and adjust temperature as necessary.
- Fry remaining rangoons until golden brown (more golden than brown), approximately 2 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and pineapple juice in saucepan. Add sugar, ketchup, crushed pineapple, vinegar and salt.
- Stir over medium-high heat until sauce thickens. Add more liquid if the sauce needs thinning.
- Red food coloring can be added, if desired.