Re-registering your children with DODEA
Stripes Europe | .
published: April 08, 2018
Where has the time gone? The 2017-2018 school year is quickly coming to an end and summer will be here before you know it. Prior to completely forgetting about all things school related and daydreaming about the beach, remember that all children need to be re-registered for the upcoming school year. The sponsor/parent of each child will need to physically visit the school or registration office to complete the re-registration process.
Per the DODEA website, revalidation is required for the following reasons and will require some additional paperwork:
- If the sponsor's DEROS/PRD has expired by Sept. 1, extension orders (IPCOT, R.A.T., and Command Letter) are required.
- If the sponsor's DEROS/PRD is indefinite, proof of continued overseas assignment is required.
- If the sponsor is a locally hired DOD civilian, current year certification of employment from the servicing HRO and a copy of notification of personnel action (DA 3434 and SF 50) is required.
All students are also required to provide the following verification each year:
- Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor or Employment Status of Civilian Sponsor.
- Status of Defense Contractor Sponsor and Central Billing Letter.
- Status of non-DOD sponsor (other Federal Agencies).
Each school will have its own process for gathering information. Be sure to check in with the registrar for your child’s school if you are unsure of the process. Check online resources like Facebook for updates.
If your child is not returning to school, a Withdrawal/Records Request form must be filled out two weeks prior to the child’s last day of attendance. Follow up with the registrar for official records and to ensure all steps have been completed for a successful withdrawal.
Don’t stress about dealing with re-registration at the end of the summer. Take care of it now and avoid a headache. You’ll thank yourself come August!
Tags: DODEA, re-registering DODEA Europe, DODEA Europe schools