PCSing from Europe before school is out?

by Ruth Ploeger, Army Region School Liaison Officer/Transition Support Specialist
Family and MWR CYS Services

You may qualify for the DODEA Acceleration program which will allow your child to withdrawal from school with full semester credit before the end of the first or second semester. You must provide PCS orders and should contact the school at least 30 days prior to de-parture date.

Acceleration is only for families who are PCSing, not for families going on a trip. The school may require completion of some schoolwork before providing final grades. Acceleration is permitted starting 20 days prior to the end of a semester. Contact your school guidance office for details.

Students must be in school all day on the last school day prior to the accelerated withdrawal date. 

Contact your school liaison officer for school transition assistance. 

If your family is PCSing to Europe before school is out, you may be able to close out early.

For more to help your student PCS, visit Europe Family and MWR's website for a PCS checklist

Subscribe to our Stripes Europe newsletter and receive travel tips, fun event info, food and drink articles and more in your inbox from us!

Follow us on social media!
Facebook: European Stars and Stripes
Instagram: Stripes Europe
Pinterest: Stripes Europe

Recommended Content