Enrolling in DODEA school lunch program
If your child will be attending a DODEA school, be sure to stop by the AAFES Exchange cash cage to set up a pre-pay lunch account. You can also sign up online for My Payments Plus which allows you to get a trigger email if your child’s lunch account is low so they never are caught without lunch money. Go to MyPaymentsPlus.com. For state: select “EXCHANGE.”
Learn more about the AAFES Student Meal Program.
Free meal and reduced meal applications
All student meals are subsidized by the USDA. The rate of support varies by qualifying category. By participating in the free or reduced price meal plan you increase the rate of reimbursement the school receives from the USDA and thus save the schools money!
Applications are completed online making the process easy and quick. Only one annual application per family required.
Receive confirmation of application status typically within 24 hours.
Good to know
- Your child’s lunch account is automatically updated to reflect the free or reduced price status for the remainder of the current school year.
- Applications must be made annually.
- Three percent of approved applicants are randomly selected to take part in an annual verification process.
- All students including those who qualiy for free or reduced price meals need a lunch account to participate.
- If you are eligible for free or reduced lunch now and are PCSing mid-year, you may wish bring your documentation of eligibility because eligibility is for the entire school year no matter which school the student attends. Some families find it easier to just reapply online, however.
- You do NOT include housing allowance as part of income when OCONUS.
- AAFES - Online FARM application
- Eligibility Guidelines (use Alaska chart)
- Eligibility Manual
- USDA National School Lunch Program
For more to help your student PCS, visit Europe Family and MWR's website for an Inbound Student Handbook.