10 fast facts about DODEA kindergarten
Have a little one going into kindergarten next year? Check out these 10 fast facts about DODEA's program:
1. Kindergarten is a full day program.
2. Kindergarten enrollment is not required. It is a parent decision.
3. No single factor determines kindergarten readiness.
4. Naps are not part of kindergarten.
5. Cutoff age for kindergarten enrollment is five years of age by September 1st. The only exception made is if a child has already started kindergarten in a state that has a later cut off date. No “evaluations for exceptions” are made. Contact the SLO or school registrar for details.
6. Cutoff age for first grade is six years of age by September 1st. From 2nd grade on the requirement is “successful completion of previous grade.”
7. Kindergarteners start school about a week later than other grades to allow their teachers time to conduct home visits with students. Expect to be contacted for a home visit appointment.
8. Kindergarten students must be escorted to and from school or a bus stop.
9. The DODEA Parent’s Guide to Success and the College and Career Ready videos are great resources for parents. Check them out!
10. Students do better in school when their parents are involved.
Subscribe to our Stripes Europe newsletter and receive travel tips, fun event info, food and drink articles and more in your inbox from us!
Follow us on social media!
Facebook: European Stars and Stripes
Instagram: Stripes Europe
Pinterest: Stripes Europe