Gain writing experience as a Stripes summer intern
Do you love to write? Hope to find a career in journalism, public relations or another communications field after college? Set yourself ahead of the competition and expand your skills and experience with one of the most respected U.S. military media organizations. The Publishing and Media Design department at Stars and Stripes Europe is seeking candidates for our summer intern program.
The Publishing and Media Design department at Stars and Stripes Europe creates print and online publications to entertain, inform and support U.S. military and DOD families stationed in Europe. Content topics include everything from travel and recreation to military life issues, such as medical care, overseas PCS moves, education, deployments, parenting and fitness.
• Research and write articles for a variety of Stripes Publishing and Media Design business products.
• Offer creative input and pitch ideas for original work to content team.
• Assist with proofreading and other duties as assigned by staff.
• Work a minimum of 15 hours weekly at our Kaiserslautern office during the 2017 summer months.
• Be a 2017 high school graduate or current college student.
• Possess superior writing, self-editing and proofreading skills.
• Have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet search engines, social media and digital platforms.
• Be a creative self-starter who works well independently and under deadlines.
• Be willing to take direction, learn quickly and work hard.
• Have an interest in Europe, travel, history, military family life and other preferred PMD topics.
• Gain hands-on experience in the print and digital media industry.
• Build confidence and a competitive edge in today’s communications job market.
• Expand your portfolio with published works in one of our many business products.
Interested in joining our creative team?
Send a cover letter and three writing samples to Heather Baier, Attn: Internship, at contentteam[at]stripes[dot]com no later than Friday, May 26. Submissions will not be returned. Selected candidates for this unpaid internship must also register with the Red Cross volunteer program at the Kleber Kaserne Red Cross location prior to starting.