10 tips for expectant parents
Finding out you’re going to be a parent can be both exciting and stressful. But preparation makes for a smoother transition. To help, Lindsay Pinchuk, mother of two, and founder and CEO of Bump Club and Beyond, a “mommy hub,” is offering 15 mental and logistical preparation tips:
- Get a bouncer. Decide who’s invited into the delivery room and let the nurses and your loved ones or partner enforce your policy.
- Bump up your social circle. Friends with kids around the same age as yours can be a valuable asset for parenting advice and get-togethers. Event companies like Bump Club and Beyond help connect moms and moms-to-be.
- Shower yourself. When creating a registry, don’t overlook useful items you’ll need the most. Include diapers, like Huggies Little Snugglers, which provide outstanding skin care for your newborn’s delicate skin. Wipes are also essential. Look for ones with Triple Clean Layers that are tough on messes and gentle on skin, such as Huggies Natural Care Wipes.
- Learn basics. Find a class that teaches basics, such as how to diaper, swaddle and bathe your baby.
- Be CEO of your family. When it comes to parenting decisions, listen to advice, but don’t be pressured into not doing what’s best for your family.
- Hug it out. Skin-to-skin contact with the baby right after birth helps regulate the baby’s breathing and heartbeat, and keeps him or her warm and prepared to nurse. Bringing a baby into the world is hard work. Accept help from friends and family.
- Read the manual. Babies don’t come with a manual, but their gear does. Be sure to read lifesaving information like your car seat manual.
- Get informed. Take an infant CPR class. Bring your significant other and anyone who will be caring for the baby.
- Pack early. Pack your hospital bag a few weeks beforehand. The hospital is no hotel, so don’t forget shampoo, conditioner an extra pillow, flip flops for the shower, a robe and an extra bag.
- Hoard. Many hospitals will send you home with ice packs, disposable underwear and other supplies to help aid recovery. Take what you can!
Still stressed? Take a deep breath and relax in the knowledge that no matter what happens, the love you’ll feel for your baby is indescribable.
Subscribe to our Stripes Europe newsletter and receive travel tips, fun event info, food and drink articles and more in your inbox from us!
Follow us on social media!
Facebook: European Stars and Stripes
Instagram and Pinterest: Stripes Europe
Subscribe to our Stripes Europe newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, helpful PCS tips, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!